A touring company of storytellers has packed their bags and instruments on their donkey and journeyed all the way from Russia determent to present a piece by one of their national writers.
MishMash’ second play: ”The Nose”, (”Næsen” / “La Nariz”) is based on the famous short story of the Russian writer Nicolai Vasilievich Gogol. “The Nose” is a crazy and unforgettable story about the proud general Kovalev and his nose that one day decides to leave him and live a life of its own.
Using music, acrobatics and character changes quick as a flash the actors show everything from furniture to people and animals on the busy streets of Saint Petersburg.
Once again, no props or decors are needed. MishMash does it all!
Written by Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol
Performed by Sofie Faurschou, Päivi Raninen, Elif Temuçin, Erkan Uyanıksoy
Music by Sofie Faurschou
Poster Designed by Aslı Örge
Poster Photo by Maciej Zakrzewski FotoTeatr
Special Thanks to Teatergruppen Batida
Duration: 35 minutes
Language: Playable in Danish, English or Spanish
Age group: 6-10
Technical requirements: 6x6x3 meters of empty space. Can be played indoor as well as outdoor.
Photos by Maciej Zakrzewski FotoTeatr, Torben Stig Hansen and Annevig Schelde Ebbe
SHOWS 2015 - 2018
- Aprilfestival / Syddjurs, Denmark - April 2018
- CPH Stage Festival / Copenhagen, Denmark - June 2017
- 21st Biennial of Art / Poznan, Poland - May 2017
- Teatro Guiñol / Guantanamo, Cuba - February 2017
- Festival La Cruzada Teatral / Tour in Cuba - January & February 2017
- Teatro Mirón / Matanzas, Cuba - January 2017
- Batidas Teaterhus / Copenhagen, Denmark - September 2015
- Brønshøj Skole / Copenhagen, Denmark - September 2015
- Munkegårds Skolen / Copenhagen, Denmark - September 2015
- Teatro La Proa / Havana, Cuba - March 2015
- Teatro de La Villa / Havana, Cuba - March 2015
- Festival La Cruzada Teatral / Tour in Cuba - February 2015